AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about a Kindle. My wife reads a lot of mystery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fred
Posted 12/12/2020 08:16 (#8663475 - in reply to #8661946)
Subject: RE: Question about a Kindle. My wife reads a lot of mystery

south east SD
Mrs B - 12/11/2020 13:04

Fred - 12/11/2020 10:10 My wife should be answering this question. She worked at a public library for 31 years, been retired for 5 years. You can go to the library that your tax base is hooked to. Ask for help and they will set you up to do about anything you want for reading. She knew and had all devices to hook to the library server to download books. In my mind it's kinda goofy, you can download a book but only have a set time to read it then it goes away. Your public library is a great resource, if they don't have something they can go to about any library to get what you need. Your tax dollars are paying for it, you might as well use it. Good luck

Is this thru the library that the book you've downloaded goes away in a set timeframe??  It doesn't do that in a free or purchased book on a Kindle. You have the option to delete a book when you're finished with it, but you're not forced into that. You've made me curious. 

Wife explained it to me last night.

Think of the publisher and author wanting to get paid, it's not a bad thing.

When they had books only, when a hot book came out they would buy 20 so, so people could read it with a time limit. E-readers is the same way only electronic. Buy as many downloads as you want with renewals. When the library borrows it to you they have a time limit so they can borrow it to someone else.

You as a person can buy it, the library buys them with our tax dollars to give away. In the end the money goes to the publisher and author.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)