AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 332
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/16/2006 15:48 (#62364 - in reply to #62200)
Subject: RE: AgRemote Question Ted?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Don - No the Ag Remote software is not available on the Insight. If I were using a 252 and wanted to change settings I would need to temporarily hook up a laptop running Ag Remote or some other PC program. This is another of the differences between the FMD and the Insight display.

Even though the Insight is a computer it is dedicated to running its own applications and generic applications such as spreadsheets etc are not available.

As Tom has stated having a "cheat sheet" for the Trimble Receivers is very handy. This is true whether using the Ag Remote program or using the keypad and display directly such as is possible with the 132/332 models.

I'm curious about the C Port. I'm assuming that you have certain settings for the B Port and different settings for the C Port. Then when you switch equipment you pick Port B or C depending on the needs of the equipment. Is this correct?

For those of you not following my question, the 252/332 models have two physical connections labeled Port A and Port B. The firmware allows for settings for Port A, Port B and Port C. Apparently the connection labeled Port B can behave according to the Port B or Port C settings as desired by the operator.

Edited by tedbear 11/16/2006 15:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)