AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kid sleep help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

timis
Posted 12/9/2020 08:18 (#8656580)
Subject: Kid sleep help

Iowa
4th kid — he’s 3-1/2 now. At the risk of sounding like I don’t know him, he’s what I would call somewhat slow - maybe mildly autistic. (He spent first 3/4 year in hospital, so we really don’t know where he’s at mentally vs missing a year of life) in the last month he’s really accelerated his learning. He’s in a “special Ed” preschool due to being behind on speech and learning, but is quickly moving towards “norms” when they can actually have school.

Anyway he’s been waking up at 1 and will stay awake till 3, today he woke up at 4 and is still going. Been basically an every night deal since thanksgiving or so. Teacher recommended some melatonin before bed — that’s what got us to 4 am. We’re thinking of trying a weighted blanket to see if that helps. All our kids are “moving” sleepers - he’s in a twin bed with railing and he uses the whole thing. He doesn’t respond to letting him cry - that’s why I say maybe autistic, because everything has to have a pattern and place, if somethings off he cannot comprehend it.

Needless to say wife’s shot — doing this stuff at 40 sucks, our oldest was a super light sleeper, when I was 25 you’d go for weeks with 2-3 hrs of sleep - doesn’t work that way now!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)