AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Appliance Life Expectancy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

johns_79
Posted 12/3/2020 14:20 (#8642793)
Subject: Appliance Life Expectancy

Windom, MN
I know things have changed in appliances over the years, and never really for the better.

Back when I was young and poor, I got a lot of hand me down appliances. My fridge was 30 years old when I replaced it, oven was too. Washer and dryer were 25, and microwave was also over 20.

In the last 2 years, I have replaced my microwave that was 10 years old and my oven which is 8 years old I just had to repair. The lower element melted into 2 pieces. When replacing it, I noticed there is a 3 inch long crack in the bottom of the oven. We will see how long it lasts, but I may be in the market for one of those too soon. Makes me worry about my 12 year old refrigerator and 10 year old washer and dryer. The laundry stuff doesn't have circuit boards, its still dials and buttons, so I hope that might help keep it around longer.

I'm pretty cheap, and don't like to replace things until they break, but am I nuts for wanting an appliance to last 20 years or more? Or is 10 years just the expectation now and plan to change them all out at that point?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)