AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Red Angus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Red Cows
Posted 12/2/2020 20:09 (#8640912 - in reply to #8640690)
Subject: RE: Red Angus

SE SD
Land&cattle - 12/2/2020 19:04

Red is not becoming the new black. That’s just what red angus people tell themselves to make themselves feel better. Red angus people will run to cow sales and pay through the nose for bulls and replacement females but will gladly take less for their product on sale day. (Commercial feeder cattle sales) With more Black hided premium kill plants going up around, why not just go black? You can not go wrong selling good black feeder cattle. You can sell them to anyone, anywhere, any day of the week. I tell my buyers to only put colored cattle on my deal if you have to because they are on a drive, or if they are just too cheap. Otherwise just keep them as black as you can. I guess at the end of the day you have to love what you do. And if you love red angus cattle then go for it. Just be prepared to probably take a few less dollars on sale day.

I don't take less on sale day. Sorry. Black cattle guys just say that to make themselves feel better! I've seen a lot of black cattle that I would be embarrassed to have in my pasture. But many people just have to have them so they can say they are all "black " . See anything wrong with this steak?

(20191210_173348 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20191210_173348 (full).jpg (177KB - 19 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)