AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dealing with a new water well failure nightmare
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/30/2020 08:15 (#8634631 - in reply to #8634568)
Subject: RE: dealing with a new water well failure nightmare

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Off Label - 11/30/2020 06:46

You can get a switch that cuts the water off when it senses its pumping air. Or a timer where the well run for so many seconds before it shuts down. It’s probably cheaper power to run the well choked to 3 gal though.

I have a friend watering 100hd off a well that on a dry summer will only run 12 seconds at a time. On a wet summer I think it can run 45.

Yes Off Label that is called a loss of prime switch, looks a lot like a regular pressure switch. You can also do a flow switch in the line. However I've had better luck with just using a loss of prime switch in conjunction with a timer that you can set for when pressure restores so pump doesn't just keep cycling on/off at least in a booster pump situation. In this situation for the original poster I would maybe look at wiring a timer into system like is used in irrigation wells so if running in auto mode there is a delay on restart so you don't twist pump shafts if cycling on/off all the time. doing the on/off deal is going to wipe pressure switches out fast if one is installed in system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)