AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dealing with a new water well failure nightmare
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/29/2020 20:15 (#8633797 - in reply to #8633632)
Subject: RE: dealing with a new water well failure nightmare

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Dry hole is same cost as a good hole here. Only difference is the cost of casing not used. Last domestic well I did was $40-45 for drilling and 6" casing over 7-8 years ago. Hate to hear you having problems, water is a premium out west. We chase leaks just looking for 3 gallons a minute. Lot of times lot easier to run pipelines than to drill new wells. We have pipelines running 8-9 miles and more because of lack of water and power issues. I've got a good friend that witches wells, I won't drill a well without him doing a check for me. People call B.S. on it, however I know he can find water, right to the gallon and depth all with a willow. He has a gift, in fact scary to me. When the Ruby Pipeline came though my ground, they drilled a 400' non production well to install a anode rod to take corrosion off pipeline. When they cased it with cement and the rod. I took him to witch it for me, I took notes for every 10' as he counted off his willow. I then had water rights bring the driller's log with them when they met me at the well. We compared notes, it was the same on both reports. The water rights guys went white in their faces. That drillers log was fresh, I was the first public person to view it other than driller and water rights. My buddy hit every aquifer to 400', and also told me rock formations, and also it was sealed tight with cement and their was no transfer between aquifers. Down right scary how he can do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)