AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bale bed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 11/27/2020 15:02 (#8628717 - in reply to #8628564)
Subject: RE: Bale bed

Why can you carry only 1 bale at a time?
On the one I build I was going to have the arms easily removable, but even folded up I see no issues with a trailer??? I don't understand this one bit. Even is the back of my truck was 12 inches longer it still wouldn't be issue with gooseneck trailer. Hell maybe more like 18 inches.
I have two 2015 rams. 1 is a long bed take off with cm skirted bed
The other is a cab and chassis with a knapahide skirted bed. Neither is remotely close if you added 12 inches to a gooseneck trailer.
On both I am planning to have the bale arms assymbly to be pinned onto the truck. And mounting the pump and tank on the truck permantly. Becuase even if I don't have the bale bed I would like to have for one a 20 or so gallon hydralic resivoir with a pump to fill tractors, 2 hydralic outlets on the truck at all times for moving equipment and running stuff. And I also already have a battery full time mounted on both trucks beds for inverter that is already on trucks.
Second I don't want to change my beds over becuase I have too much crap on the now that I would have to change up.

I am also highly considering a $10k single axle truck for all gooseneck trailer pulling anyways. Let's face it these diesel dualls are good and all but a 36 foot stock trailer or a 40 foot gooseneck is really a bit much for them.

The guy I know with a 660 has his on a 2007 dually chevy with a cm bed. He has a fuel tank toolbox up agianst the headache rack and when I stopped and talked to him he was currently driving with 2 bales. I talked to him how I figured I might switch to twine for ease of removing rather than net. He said it's no issue and I stood there as we fed those 2 bales. He had no issues feeding the first then grabbing the second and feeding it. I just don't understand why you can't do 2 bales?

Maybe y'all don't drive with the bale just in the arms going down the road? With a real bale bed it's not hard to get 3 bales.

Edited by StxPecans 11/27/2020 15:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)