AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

so whats everybody plan?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ak47
Posted 11/26/2020 09:45 (#8625978)
Subject: so whats everybody plan?

The desert of south central neb
First off happy thanksgiving in the agtalk realm!! Ive been wondering whats the consensus of everybody on here I'm trying to decide when to sell my calves usually sell in december or january but with this year being such a crap show what do you do just get rid of them and hope not for another shut down? Ive just started feeding mine 10# corn silage 10# paririe hay 5# ground corn and a pound of 80/20 protein rumensen and they are slicking it up good starting to work them up to more silage. But they are fleshy they were already fleshy before feeding them this before I was just feeding ground corn and prairie hay in a round feeder and thought they were just burning through it to fast. Once harvest got over with I just started feeding them that ration since had more time to work with it. Im afraid I'm going to get hammered at the sale barn for them being fleshy or another thought was just to sell them privately which might work better with the way the year is going. Its just one of those years nothing you do is right just a giant turd sandwich and we all have to take a bight. Have a excellent day everybody!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)