AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need a new laptop....experts tell me what I need
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 11/28/2020 10:22 (#8630396 - in reply to #8625689)
Subject: RE: I need a new laptop....experts tell me what I need

South Central MN
I don't know much about the individual components, but I do know that I hate Lenovo and love Dell. If I were chosing based solely on the hardware, then I'd probably pick Lenovo, but Lenovo's customer service is absolute garbage while Dell's is incredible. I had a month old Lenovo that fried a motherboard. They made me send it in for warranty. It took me a month of arguing with them to get it back, and they didn't fix it (all new motherboards were going to new production; they didn't have any available for warranty service). Lenovo customer service will not give you full names or any sort of direct contact (email, direct phone line, etc), which means when you have to call in for something, you get a different person each time and they each have to review your file and you have to explain everything that happened and then odds are they can't help you and will probably send you on to a different group where you repeat the process. I probably spoke to literally 20 or 30 different people.

Dell on the other hand is excellent. Any communication you receive from them has their full name, as well as direct email and phone numbers so you can discuss your ongoing issue with the same rep each time. It was a night and day experience.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)