AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Say a prayer for Cows-n-crops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 11/24/2020 05:19 (#8620151 - in reply to #8619748)
Subject: I'm lucky to be alive!

NEMO
Praise the Lord.

3 of us took beans to Quincy. On the way back it started snowing. My semi started acting up and not running right (acted like trying to gel up but didn't think it.was cold enough for that.

Anyway we pulled into my bin site and decided to park my semi and I take another one home. The other driver hoped in with the thirddriver.

At this site we have a circle drive and I parked my truck on the inside of the circle. Almost dark and snowing, it was hard to see and the driver went to the outsode of my truck but was really really close when we all stopped.

I was grabbing my lunch box, water jug and coat out of my semi standing on the ground. I shut the semi door and as I was turning around my phone rang so I grab it out of my pocket and look up to see the other semi moving and the trailer was probably less than 2 feet away from me. I looked to the front of the truck and it was probably less than a foot away from the front of the cab so I couldn't run that way. I look to the back and.the angle.it was at the space was closing fast with nowhere to go. I thought about diving under the hopper bottoms but saw the trailer tires coming at me fast. So all i could do is 'Think skinny!' and sucked up as close to the truck as possible.

The trailer 'grabbed' or 'pinched' or 'squeezed' me between it and the semi as I was standing up like a tooth pick and started rolling me forward. I made two revolutions and on the second spin I heard a loud POP on my right side hip and fell to the ground as the trailer was past me. I tried to get up but the pain was unbearable and ended up 5 -10 feet away from my truck face down in the driveway.

I looked for my phone but couldn't find it. So I started hollering and screaming thinking if they drive off I'm screwed. They slowed down and stopped trying to get past the 3rd semi as he came in the other direction into the drive. So they were pulling up, then stopped, then pulled up some more. Then they stopped and just set there.

So I started screaming louder than ever. Then after a long pause they started backing up. Then backing up. Then some more backing. Next thing I know if they keep coming backwards I'm going to get run over!!!

Then they stopped and got out and finally came over to me!

The gravel driveway was wet and muddy, continuing to snow and I'm face down, cold, wet, in pain, can't move and shaking severly.

Knox county first responders showed up in about 1/2 hour and the Ambulance probably 1/2 hour later yet. The roads were white out at this point and slowed them up.

When they went to roll me over a let out a yell that would make your hair stand up on your neck. So they hauled me in on my belly. Took 2-3 hours to get warm. Xrays, ct scans, a bunch of Fentanol and probably other drugs, and I'm stabilized.

They took me to Kirksville and then transferred me to Columbia.

Pelvic socket is broke in multiple places (they had a fancy name). Surgery probably won't happen until Wednesday.

Drilled a hole in my right knee to do a traction. Last drug they gave me was morphine.

I'm ready to take a nap.

Pray for Drs and nurses as well. I turn into a bear when cooped inside for more than a few hours.

Thanks for all the prayers and concerns! It means alot.

Special shout out to the First responders and the Ambulance staff and Dr's and nurses! They are all GREAT!!!

Edited by cows-n-crops 11/24/2020 05:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)