AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to get crazy heifer caught in meadow.....?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Brian sepa
Posted 11/23/2020 04:57 (#8617669)
Subject: How to get crazy heifer caught in meadow.....?

Lancaster County, Pa.
So I bought some light cattle to put on a rented pasture this past summer. 20 head of mostly Angus heifers and a few steers. The pasture has a small barnyard area where I've fed a little grain thru the summer. When we caught and loaded out the group in mid October i had one heifer that went crazy and jumped the fence back into the pasture. I knew we weren't getting her back so i left 3 more there with her just to keep her calm. I tried about a week ago to catch them again and the same thing happened....the critter bounced around the barnyard till it had a bloody nose then cleared the fence. Now I can barely get the critter to come in to grain.....it just stands outside the barnyard fence. And i think the crazy is rubbing off on the others. I'd just find myself a guy with a horse and a rope but the terrain being what it is the heifer would have the advantage. My next plan is to get a tranquilizer gun but I'm sure that's not a perfect plan either. Any other ideas? Would it help to find a couple old cows to throw in with them?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)