AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Desktop Linked to Phone?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/23/2020 07:58 (#8618017 - in reply to #8617160)
Subject: RE: Desktop Linked to Phone?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use a cord.

With my iPhone and iPad, I must use iTunes on the Win 10 desktop computer. In my case both the iPhone and iPad use a lightning cable. iTunes recognizes the device and I can transfer music to the iPhone or iPad. I really don't like iTunes but it does work. iTunes allows me to make backups of the iPhone and iPad as well.

With an old Android phone I was able to use a cord to the computer and just use File manager to copy the music files to the music folder on the phone. The phone showed up like any other device and File manager allowed me to copy, delete, whatever like any other storage device. The music was stored in the MUSIC folder on the phone.

I recently got an Android tablet from Wal-Mart to use with the camera I got from Larsen Lights. I decide to try to put music on it. I anticipated that the procedure would be the same as the old Android phone was. When I attached the new tablet to the computer, I looked for it. It was listed as expected BUT I was not able to explore the files already on the tablet or add files to it.

By accident I noticed a drop down menu one day while connected. The menu indicated that the cord was connected to the computer BUT only allowed to charge the tablet. The menu indicated that more options were available. By tapping on that menu, more options appeared. One was to allow file transfer. I checked that option and then File Manager showed me the file structure of the tablet. I was then able to copy music to the MUSIC folder like I had done with the old Android phone.

If the cable to the computer is removed and then reattached, the system defaults back to charging only. I assume this step was added to act as protection to prevent someone from accidently removing files while connected to the computer. It is really a small step as long as one remembers that it is necessary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)