AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20 Month Old Slow to Start Talking?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Newguy
Posted 11/23/2020 03:00 (#8617632 - in reply to #8616514)
Subject: RE: 20 Month Old Slow to Start Talking?

Renville Minnesota
When it came to talking, our boy was on the far far low end of the “spectrum” that docs say is “normal”.

At age 3, you couldn’t drive to a library in 30 miles and find a librarian that didn’t know my wife and child’s name.

Did the speech therapist. Being the good ceo of the home I let the manager take the reigns as this is not my area of expertise, even though I adamantly disagreed with the money being spent. I was right. But don’t tell the manager I said that. It was a complete waste of money at that age for him.

We had a medical situation where our boy had to stay away from people for 6 months at 3 years old. So it was just wife child and me. That’s when he started to speak.

Today he’s 9.

Takes the Peabody test once a year for home schooling. He tests at a high school level in all subjects. I wish to claim he got it from me, but,,,,, that would be a lie.

So congratulations on being a concerned parent! As an American citizen I thank you!

My advice: enjoy the crap out of him every day. Buy legos starting now and don’t look at the price. Got that advice from a neighbor. Read. And praise momma bear infront of him as much as you can.

Good looking kid.

Edited by Newguy 11/23/2020 03:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)