AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost my hard drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 11/19/2020 19:17 (#8614180)
Subject: Lost my hard drive

Was setting up to clone my running hard drive to my identical back up drive.

Before I got the software opened up I started running some program updates so everything was updated before the clone and boom I got a brief blue screen and everything went black. Been having no issues up to this point. (Did I mention I hate updates of all kinds they NEVER go smoothly here.)

Tried a normal restart no go. Tried to run repair function it showed loading windows bar then went black no results even after an hour or so.

Sick about all I lost. Lost all my pics for 2020, numerous downloaded web pages, archived articles and downloaded videos on a myriad of topics.

Put in my cloned drive which got me back part way but still a lot of stuff to update reconfigure etc. I gained some pictures back but not all.

I have a Sata device used for cloning that powers up drive and connects sata to usb.

Hard drive powers up and spins computer recognizes drive but calls it 0 bytes and says it needs formatted shows entire icon as 1 color with no partitions or anything. Can't get anywhere with it. Tried booting from the Windows 7 ISO burn I made when I got this computer. It started that and I clicked on repair it loaded a windows bar then sat there and did nothing.

Hard drive will never leave this location but has anyone had any luck with recovery software ?  I think it's going to be permanently lost. Not interested in Carbonite, off site, or cloud backups would rather lose it all than go that route.

Are there any RAID setups you can buy for generic storage with multiple drives mirroring each other. Gonna buy another drive and clone this one running now and get some more backup hard drives and start looking for a Windows 10 machine I suppose.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)