AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost my hard drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/23/2020 14:21 (#8618730 - in reply to #8617554)
Subject: RE: Lost my hard drive

southern MN
Drilldo - 11/22/2020 21:55

Do you understand how the offsite backups work? There are many options which are encrypted locally before it goes to the cloud and only you have the key. The cloud service couldn’t read your data if they wanted to. I am very concerned about my privacy but completely comfortable with my cloud backup.

In addition to my cloud solution I use a synology NAS for local backups. Sounds like this is what you need. Still in the event of fire or theft you could lose it all.

What kind of internet speed and data limits do you have to make the offsite backups work?

I used to have a simple 16 gig storage thingy on my network (The company stopped operations and turned it into a useless brick) I could up and download to from anywhere. It worked ok for a couple pictures but trying to get a video on or off it took hours. Many of us have somewhat reasonable download speed, but we just can’t upload to the internet worth a darn. Kind of made me realize how pointless off site internet storage would be here in the situation I and perhaps others are in?

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)