AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding to the Ubiquity farm network
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mtbrights
Posted 11/21/2020 09:53 (#8615364 - in reply to #8615211)
Subject: RE: Adding to the Ubiquity farm network

Carter Montana
This makes good sense thanks. Our cell phone coverage is almost non-existant at this site. I've had three M2's arrayed on the shop for about 10 years, each arrayed at 120 degrees apart. This was for a security camera on the shop, and we decided to add the M'2 for farmestead coverage. The LocoM2 feeds it all back to the house. It worked ok to very good, with coverage of around 3/4 mile, depending on the direction. Edit-It was originally intended for just the farmstead, but we got more out of it than that. It does have clear line-of-site issues, and moving the equipment to the leg would eliminate all of that.

It has not worked as well in recent years, which I attribute to line-of-site issues, though I don't know that for a fact, and may have other issues going on. Some phones work better than others I know...

I would be interested in hearing if other components would work better as I haven't purchased anything yet.

SO, since I still need coverage at the bin site 4 miles away, maybe it makes sense to have one radio on the shop, for the camera, leave it at 2.4 Mhz and move the rest to the Leg using 5 hz radios. It wouldn't be that hard to put another radio on the house for 5 hz.

Edited by mtbrights 11/21/2020 10:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)