AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beans am i looking at this wrong
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 11/19/2020 06:46 (#8613559 - in reply to #8613343)
Subject: RE: beans am i looking at this wrong

Hennepin, IL
You need to change your definition of what a "miss" is. Unless you have a crystal ball, youre never going to hit the highs every time, so you might as well come to terms with the fact you are going to leave money on the table at times. Just like you don't plant the whole farm to 1 full season hybrid of corn. You plant some earlier season here, some defensive types here. You know you'll likely be leaving some money on the table in a good year, but decisions like that protect your rear in a year that ends up less than stellar. Now think back to when you put last year's beans in the bin. Would you have pulled them right back out for the money you got this year? Likely yes. Same thing with this crop. If you knew the price you would be getting this summer and knew the yield, would you have pulled the trigger? Was it a profitable sale? If yes to both of those, you need to move on. I read a blog the other day about being consistently "not stupid", not about hitting home runs and swinging for the fences, just simply not making huge mistakes. If this wasn't a huge mistake, Id call that a win in the long term.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)