AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beans am i looking at this wrong
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ehoff
Posted 11/19/2020 06:03 (#8613495 - in reply to #8613343)
Subject: RE: beans am i looking at this wrong

Central Missouri
Several comments on your post. First until we as farmers take full 100% responsibility for our individual marketing decisions we will not get really good. You spend time and mental capital comparing yourself to your neighbors, that in itself is a huge hinderence. Do you really just want to best the neighbor. You are spending mental capital blaming the usda. The usda has statistical methodologies that they use to determine every line on the supply and demand report. They can’t vary from that. They will always be wrong to some degree or another. It’s what they do.

It is your job to be correct no one else’s. The real problem in your post is that you are dwelling on money as the most important aspect of you! Even above your relationship with your fiancé. Money is a tool to help others. It is a tool to build a business to help others with whether to bring family into the business, provide jobs for others, produce food cheaply, or donate to help the less fortunate. The greatest form of money/ value is your abilities given by God for you to use to further his kingdom not to build our own on this world.

We all to some greater or lesser extent battle financial desires and the need to be right or better than someone else, it’s inherent in our human nature. Grain prices happen to let us know each and every day, if that is what we focus on because the score is immediate and tallyable by the minute.

I could go on, on this subject forever because to a greater or lesser extent this road is familiar. For you this situation is one of the forks in life’s road where you can decide which direction to go. Spend a lot of time thinking about why you do what you do. What is most important to you in life now and what should be. Think through what money is and how it should be used. Read the Bible parables about storage in barns and burying talents.

This has been long and its not in any way a condemnation because we all go down the road you are on. It may not be money or beating the market or being the biggest farmer around but it is something for all of us. My email is good. I don’t mind sharing the marketing road I’ve been down over the last 35 years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)