AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here is a scientist that does not think vegetable oils are the problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/19/2020 08:25 (#8613641 - in reply to #8613411)
Subject: RE: Here is a scientist that does not think vegetable oils are the problem

Pittsburg, Kansas

Unfortunately that is kind of my opinion also.

Having said that, he is a researcher for many years in the field, so does carry some weight with what he says. On the other hand we know that many researchers are biased by where they get their funding from. Lots of "research" has been done and the results published with a slant towards whatever funding source wanted the slant to be. That gets played out every day. His funding? I don't have a clue.

At any rate if the public demand gets ramped up against vegetable oils, I hope the industry can come up with modifications in either the process or the varieties we plant that we can get to a more healthy plant derived oil. Although the health conscious industry is all into "natural" I still envision the day of the Star Trek "replicator" where you just punch in what you want to eat or drink and the molecules are arranged in such a way to produce the results desired. In other words I hope science can find a way to make those oils more healthy. But it will not happen till the public demands it.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)