AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here is a scientist that does not think vegetable oils are the problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/17/2020 08:14 (#8611436)
Subject: Here is a scientist that does not think vegetable oils are the problem

Pittsburg, Kansas

This is an exceptionally long interview and it does not get down to practical application to somewhere around to just before the hour mark but mostly at around 1:45. There is a lot of information that is interesting in the interview if a person is into that kind of stuff (I am).

But to put it in a nut shell, this researcher does not see a problem with the large amount of vegetable oils we are consuming. Where he sees an advantage in oils is that we increase our intake of Omega 3 oils or a concentrated supplement (some commercial drugs are concentrated EPA and DHA). His theme is that the body just uses a tiny amount of the critical components in the oils (uses other than just for energy from the fats) and the body has the ability to pull out what they need. So his solution is don't worry about eating a lot of vegetable oils but get your Omega 3 oils up or take concentrated supplement/drug.

Take it for what it is worth. I hope he is right. It would be nice if all the oils we are consuming were not a problem like some of the latest proponents are suggesting. You can tell Peter Attia (the doctor interviewer) does not fully agree with all of what he is saying but he respects the researcher enough to let him present his findings and opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nz7nFlvx9M&t=6236s

Most will not have the time or inclination to listen to such a long podcast. It caused me to go way beyond my normal coffee time listen. But I put it here because I have linked a lot of video's that have denigrated vegetable oils. Like I say, I hope this guy is right. We need vegetable oils. Feeding the world totally on animal fats is not in the cards at least with current farming methods. This is a podcast rather than video so it can be listened to in the tractor or while driving because there are not any visual charts.

Only for those that are interested. The rest are welcome to skip my posts. Just don't click.

John

Edited by John Burns 11/17/2020 08:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)