AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much would you spend on your dog or cat(spinoff of the dog food thread below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

SIDESHAKER
Posted 11/17/2020 08:18 (#8611440 - in reply to #8609940)
Subject: RE: How much would you spend on your dog or cat(spinoff of the dog food thread below)

Kansas
Paid $600 for our GSP bird dog (lap/house dog) as a pup. We do the normal yearly heart worm check up and various shots here and there, though I think I am going to ease off on some of those as I feel the vet is overselling the need there and the dog is 6 or 7 now. She tested positive for Lyme Disease when she was younger so we treated that and then the other day she came up limping and I couldn't find a thorn or puncture and the next day it was swollen up real bad so we brought her to the vet and they ended up having to put her out, lance it and clean it all out so that was $350.

I guess thats about the limit of what I'm willing to pay but when your dogs in pain and not on the brink of death otherwise, you don't give it much thought other than 'I wonder what this will cost?'. I'm not willing to do the whole several thousand dollar surgery thing, that is well past the replacement cost to me IMO.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)