AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does this mean for long term cattle prices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 11/16/2020 07:40 (#8609627 - in reply to #8609420)
Subject: RE: What does this mean for long term cattle prices?

western iowa,by Denison
minn gopher - 11/16/2020 05:40

garvo - 11/16/2020 04:32

[QUOTE

I’m pretty involved in AG. I understand what is happening. I’ll be fine. If not, it sure isn’t a politician fault.

Back when Lisa Jackson was -head of the epa-they had ability to single out any farm they wanted-water quality etc
was a huge relief when Trump won on slowing down,and reversing some of the epa rules
my own map was from 1946 that showed a creek thru my feedlot-that they circled and pointed out it was "water of the state"
If the new leadership gets its way look for more environmental concerns that will directly impact your way of life
yes it will be a politicians fault .Almost 1/2 the voting public voted the other way
At least Donald didn't take any pay-He was saving us over $400,000 a year in wages-hmmn-a guy that saves taxpayers 1.6 million in 4 years-

Yes I understand that many farmers think there should be zero regulations. Farm like it’s 1947. Well things change. Some of the stuff we do, as far as winter manure hauling which is still perfectly legal in my insane lib state. Probably should be eliminated. So then what we have to do, build a bigger manure storage that the government will pay for a big percent of. Oh darn.

all fine and dandy-it does not work that way-about 1 million into improvements of cattle buildings to meet the water quality rules-I did not qualify for equip money-and could not get all my cattle under roof in 11 months-started in 2011-have helped several others that qualified for help-you do it yourself or you pay the same with equip money-with 1/2 the equip money going to meet there specs on the engineering-plus more red tape-I never said there should be zero regulations-and you are wrong on what the government pays-the political atmosphere of a democratic leadership is not ag friendly at all-
something to think about-they want us to go to green energy as they burn more fuel and create more green house gas just flying around doing speech's in 1 year then a 1,000 acre farmer with livestock creates in a lifetime
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)