AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FarmersEdge VS Agdna?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Eric from Canada
Posted 11/18/2020 21:02 (#8613295 - in reply to #8613152)
Subject: RE: FarmersEdge VS Agdna?

Quebec, Canada
I assume that with MyJD or AFS connect the raw data would be sent from your machine to the cloud. In FieldView's case the Drive will pick up a copy of the GPS position and current spraying, planting, or harvest information and send that to the iPad. FieldView then builds it's own maps which can sometimes lead to slight differences with the OEM monitors, especially when they handle autoswath differently.
There is an android app for viewing your fields maps and information, but for recording information we still only work with iOS. There is an Android version being worked on, but it is still a while from being released. I think part of the issue is that there are so many different models of android devices running slightly different versions of the operating system that it was just easier for the programmers to concentrate on one platform.
As for the marketing push, Bayer wants as much market share as they can get. I saw a study saying that around 40% of farms are looking at getting digital field management software over the next few years. The oversimplified the business plan is to attract new clients faster than the competition and become #1. FieldView is also looking at getting into agronomic recommendations. We ran some fungicide trials in canola this summer where we used satellite imagery to find zones in the field that would benefit the most from a fungicide application and used that to create On/Off variable rate spray maps. I'm looking forward to this coming out for soybeans. To refine the process we need to get more users trying it out and giving us feedback. With more users the tools get better and everyone wins.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)