AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maybe this has been posted before and I missed it. Bill to eliminate confinement feeding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 11/14/2020 17:08 (#8607089 - in reply to #8606966)
Subject: RE: Maybe this has been posted before and I missed it. Bill to eliminate confinement feeding

South Central MN
Its the same thing that I struggled with watching the "kiss the ground" documentary on netflix. I don't doubt that many of the practices they are bragging about in movie might be a more sustainable practice than many of the practices we use today. However, I do seriously doubt that those practices will be able to produce anywhere near as much food as we do today. They talked about the farmer making more $/acre which sounds great, but doesn't mention anything about how much food they are actually producing. We have a large % of our farm in organics, and until this year we haven't had yields in both corn and beans that met or exceeded our conventional yields. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm saying that it is much more difficult to produce an equal volume of food in an organic environment than it is conventional. I'd think the same idea would apply to many of these sustainable initiatives they keep pushing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)