AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HI-Tensile fence clean up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 11/12/2020 11:10 (#8602513 - in reply to #8601064)
Subject: RE: HI-Tensile fence clean up

NNW Nebraska
I built a wire winder on a 2 wheel trailer. car rear end with spider gears welded. made a 2 piece spool that I can take out of the roll of wire. run it with pto, but hydraulic motor with a relief valve would be safer. Neighbors have a similar set up, but with a metal spool, about 5 ft in dia.

what I like about mine, on the trailer is by jack knifing the tractor to the trailer, I can drive forward, reverse, a bit, to make the wire go from one side of the spool to the other. no need for anyone to be anywhere near the wire while winding. I have seen people screwing around with pitchforks trying to guide the wire. Seems really dangerous thing to do.

if I was to mount a winder on the front of a tractor, so as to drive into the wire instead of pulling the wire, I would put a pivot on it run with a hydraulic cylinder, to change where the wire was going on the spool.

center pivot irrigation system wheel gear box might make a good start for a winder. cut the wheel and make it much wider. drive it with a hydraulic motor. or bolt your wooden spools to the wheel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)