AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HI-Tensile fence clean up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Dave F
Posted 11/12/2020 07:29 (#8601967 - in reply to #8601064)
Subject: RE: HI-Tensile fence clean up

Southeast MN
I had 1.5 miles of "aged" high tensile that was a mess. In spots, the bottom wire or two were silted in, posts of various types (steel t-post, fiberglass and rotted wood) and wire was spliced or broken.

Winding up that mess wasn't an option. But I could get the skidsteer along the fence, so the grapple bucket came out to start plucking posts. Bolting a "pinch blade" to the grapple allowed it to pull the small 5/8 fiberglass and t-posts.

First pass was to pluck posts and lay down the wires. After reclaiming any decent posts from the fence, the the second pass was to bunch up and gather the post/wire tangled mess until the grapple had a "mouthful" of wire and post. This was dumped into a big hole. Kept repeating this process until done, and the only manual labor was cutting the wires every so often once the grapple was full.

The trick was stacking and bunching posts with the wire still attached in order to carry the mess. Driving backwards allowed any loops of wire to drag along.

This was another one of those jobs where I wish I had taken some pictures but never thought of it until finished....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)