AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HI-Tensile fence clean up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Phil A.
Posted 11/11/2020 19:35 (#8601064)
Subject: HI-Tensile fence clean up

Western Ohio
Need some Agtalk input on a project I looked at in the past week. I was asked to come look at a property which is in need of being cleaned up. As the current property owner aged he simply let the row crop tenant keep farming more and more of the pastures. These pastures had Hi-Tensile fence put up on Osage Post about 15-20 years ago. Now here we are later the property has been basically completely converted to row crop and I was asked how do you clean up this Hi Tensile wire? There is probably 2 miles plus of 8 strand Hi-Tensil. Of course you would just like to doze the whole thing but with this much good wire in there it would be wrapped up in every track on the machines. I do not really have a dog in this fight simply trying to help some folks out with a few ideas.

So my question is do any of you all have some good ideas how to roll up all this wire or how to clean it up? I am not sure if we are best to try and roll it up some how or what should be done. One I idea I have is to take a large wooden spool that fiber optic wire comes on and try and attach the wires to that and roll it along and let the wire wind up on that wooden spool.

I am open to any suggestions as I do not really have any good ones at all. BTW it is not all one strech of fence either. I am guessing the 2 miles is broke into say 5 or 6 runs.

Phil A.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)