AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

receiving cattle protocol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IowaCowman3D
Posted 11/11/2020 15:36 (#8600508 - in reply to #8598807)
Subject: RE: receiving cattle protocol

East Central Ia
Allot of it depends on where they are coming from and what they have been though. Home raised cattle could probably tolerate vaccines right at weaning. A group of co-mingled cattle I would be careful doing that you may set them back. Here we give "Snot Shots" (internasal) as I like to call them right of the truck and nothing else. Wait 10-15 days get them going good before throwing MLV at them.That's just what works for us. Also if your not set up to administer meds with water I strongly recommend that as sick cattle will usually drink but may not eat. The Snot Shots will give them that immunity they need for those first couple weeks that they need. Remember Snot Shots put zero stress on them The internasalgen is delivered through the nose. Intranasal vaccination more closely mirrors the route of real-world infection. The majority of disease-causing agents enter through the nose, causing primary respiratory disease and often secondary bacterial infections. The vaccine is delivered straight to the mucosal surfaces where infection occurs rather than taking a systemic route.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)