AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another post driver question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/10/2020 04:56 (#8597020 - in reply to #8596425)
Subject: RE: Another post driver question

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I just purchased a 1000E Montana driver last month. It's quite a tool so far. Mine weighs I think 800 lbs. more than a 750R because I put the 2' extension on it which adds a couple hundred pounds on it. In talking with the dealer I purchased from, he told me most people would get along just fine with a 750 driver. However I told him I'm in a lot of lava rock and also some mean hard pan. Just to pound wood in most all our ground you have to pre drill a pilot hole to save time and not to blow wood posts apart. He felt the 1000 machine would be better suited for us. Also the 1000 comes with another flat driving cup, I don't know if the 750 comes with it. I thinking I may add the pilot hole attachment to mine maybe later. Right now usually if we are doing a big job a neighbor will bring his machine and one will drill pilot holes and another will pound posts.

I do know I will take the 2' extension off when not needed, I've got a bunch of 12' wood to drive this month. That extension makes it tough to see cup on post top for guy in skid steer. I also have a T3 Danuser driver as well, it's great for T posts but you will tear it up driving 2 7/8" pipe in my country.

In talking with most people I knew they all recommended the Montana driver over the Danuser Hammer driver, that was owners of the Danuser. They said their Danuser's worked fine, but wished they would have gotten the other one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)