AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone ever use tile line to fill water tank on stalks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 11/6/2020 05:33 (#8588453 - in reply to #8588314)
Subject: RE: Anyone ever use tile line to fill water tank on stalks?

NNW Nebraska
You could use a centrifugal water pump, solar powered to pump water out of the tile. Let overflow go back into the tile. Use way bigger solar panels than needed, to run pump on a sunny day, so it will still run on a bright, but overcast day.

Here is one that might work: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i54DHlNqUTw

Here is another possibility: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ojNID2jDz4

I personally have a pump that is a heater water circulation pump for a vehicle. It isn't submersible, so small I thought I would need to use two. I pump from a well that almost flows, through a 1" pipe,about 300 yards. I have about 300 watts. (Panels I already had) hooked 24 volts, into a linear current booster, to drive the pump. It watered around 200 cows, during calving season, every day, last year.

Guessing 1 , 100 watt solar panel would water quite a few cattle, most days, with the Toyota inverter circulation pump.

Set it up so the pipe from the pump to the tank drains back, when the pump isn't running. Overflow back into the tile. Have the overflow pipe a bit lower than the top of the tank so that when tank is froze in the morning, the flowing water will thaw it out.

I would run the overflow out low in the tank. Have a pipe coming up inside the tank to desired water level. Take a short piece of 4" pvc, cut slots or holes in it, including some above water level. Drop that over the overflow in the tank. That keeps floaters from plugging the overflow.

Edited by Nebraska Sandhiller 11/6/2020 06:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)