AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how can I back up ALL pictures when some have same name?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 11/6/2020 06:21 (#8588528 - in reply to #8583703)
Subject: RE: how can I back up ALL pictures when some have same name?

East central Iowa

Buster 50 - 11/3/2020 09:48 When I copy a drive, I keep the files intact. I don't understand why you wouldn't.

In this situation I only want to copy jpg, tif and bmp files. 

The problem is that I have different folders or directories with the a picture that has the same name.  For example pic10119.jpg may exist in folder TRIP and then because I deleted it on the camera and shot more pictures somewhere else that same name pic10119.jpg exists in folder COMBINING.  If I copy all the pictures using a program/app named Everything one of those will be over written.  One of them is a picture of a valley and the other is a picture of a combine.

The program/app name Everything can find every file with the extension jpg by putting *.jpg in the search box.  Or Everything finds whatever file you type into its search box.  Everything is a free file search tool that's almost instant in its searches for a file.  If you know you named a file combining 2018.jpg and can't remember where you put it using Everything and putting combining*.jpg will find every file named combining(something).jpg

That means it will find combining corn.jpg, combining oats.jpg  etc.

By searching for *.jpg it finds every jpg file on my computer.  I could then copy all of them to an external drive, but because some have the same name but are different I'd lose one of them.

I"ve used the program Everything for years.  It's available at https://www.voidtools.com/ for free.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)