AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone License?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ws308
Posted 11/4/2020 06:29 (#8584987 - in reply to #8584465)
Subject: RE: Drone License?

NE IA
On the part 107 license, it boils down to: do you only fly for fun or not. If you are trying to do anything more than for fun, the FAA says it is for profit and no longer qualifies for "recreation". I don't know of any instances personally that a person was busted for not having the 107 license, but I personally don't want to be the example if they decide to make someone an example. I flew my drone as recreation, but got involved with search and rescue and had to make sure I had everything up to snuff. In the prep for the 107 test it explains that anything other than essentially flying for fun then you are for profit and need the license. Flights over my own crops would be "for profit" since I would be looking at the condition and health of the plants. For the FAA to catch you doing your own and not advertising, it would be hard for them. If you start posting enough videos to You Tube, then you may attract attention and if they ever decide to show everyone how much you don't want to be caught in the wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)