AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean Cyst Nematode
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 10/30/2020 13:25 (#8576248)
Subject: Soybean Cyst Nematode

WC Mn/Dakotas
I have done limited testing for scn since 2016. This year I had a grower ask to test a field. So as I made my rounds for the usual nutrient samples for 3 zones I observed where there were bare spots in the bean stubble that were in zones that were not poor zones from drown out or known high na or sol salt areas. Usually in the past I find scn in and around zone 5 (middle zone) and not so much in zone 7 (best zone).

I sampled 4 areas that were largely void of residue and that were in zone 5. Sampled right in the bean row as recommended by the lab/university as opposed to between the rows like I normally do for nutrient samples. The test came back in excess of 11000 eggs. Seeing that we decided to have the lab run scn on the remaining soil from the normal zone nutrient samples to try to see a broader picture even if samples were not taken specifically for scn.

These results came back at z3 (poor) about 3700 egg, z5 (middle) about 21200 eggs, z7 (best) about 9700 eggs. Other fields came back with some less some even higher with a similar trend of the middle zone being significantly the highest. We are going to run the tests on all the fields.

We have idc issues and short maturity, so we don't have many options for peking trait. It sounds like nearly all beans planted have been p188788 trained for a number of years.

Any experience with traited or nematicide seed treatments that are effective?

I feel there are some nutrient relationships with scn as well. Not sure if nutrient situations attract scn or if they are caused by scn. I'm leaning toward being caused by scn at levels maybe in excess of 10-15000 range.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)