AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Emergency contact devices and entry to secure buildings.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 10/30/2020 05:43 (#8575350)
Subject: Emergency contact devices and entry to secure buildings.

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

My sister, who never married, lives in Melbourne - 3 hours drive from me.  No close family in Melbourne, some relatives [a cousins 60yr old sons and a daughter] willing to be 'close contacts'.

She is now 81, and has a minor health issue, so is taking up our suggestion of getting an "emergency contact" push button device to have on her person 24/7.

I am sure some NATers will be familiar - in an emergency, at the push of a button, the device will try and contact one of up to six close family or friends until contact is made and the 'emergency' can be dealt with.

We've come across what may be a bit of a problem, and I'm asking NAT-ers if anyone knows the solution.

My sister lives in a 10 level complex, in one of the upper levels, with maybe four own-your-own units per level. There is a body corporate for such things as maintenance.

The 'problem' scenario :-

Sister has an emergency, activates her alarm, and one of the contacts can come to her assistance. How do they access the building if they know neither the six digit access code, nor anyone to page to open the security door for them?  My sister may lapse into unconsciousness prior to their arrival.

[I guess the obvious is for my sister to provide all her contacts with the 6 digit entry code - but this may breech body corporate rules!]

Has any NATer a] come across the problem? and b] know a solution?

I have great faith in the vast knowledge of those who participate on this site!

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)