AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

States and Biden EPA dicamba
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

moon1234
Posted 10/28/2020 14:10 (#8571739 - in reply to #8571617)
Subject: RE: States and Biden EPA dicamba

De Forest, WI

Blusteryknollfarm - 10/28/2020 13:11 I'm not saying there won't be a difference at all with different administrations, but the dicamba issue is going to get even a "friendly" administration to get the tools off the table. Keep in mind that I'm 100% organic and it doesn't make a difference to me if all the chemistry gets pulled (except less worries in June and July).

I don't understand why you take that view.  Organic DOES use chemistry.  

1. Spinosad (Entrust)
2. Pyganic (Pyrethrum)
3. Conserve SC (BT spray)
4. Cueva (Copper fungicide)
5. Numerous Growth Regulators, etc.

Entrust and Radiant are essentially the same final product.  The difference is how they are produced or fermented (Non-GMO and GMO bacteria) and the "other" stuff in the bottle.  The same goes for many other products.  Pyganic was the original mode 3 that almost all others used to refine and concentrate into pyrethroids.

People are SHOCKED when I explain that organic farmers spray chemicals.  Well duh.  Bugs and Fungus attack all crops, not just conventional.

As for the herbicides.  I am ALL FOR more regulation of anything that has the potential to get up and move and kill someone else's crop.  Dicamba, 2-4-d and others that volatize and move really need more regulation.  I am sick of the "It's not my field and I don't care since I followed the label" attitude.  

Atrizine is in the ground water in my neck of woods.  I am glad it is banned and want to see ALL triazine products banned.  If it moves into ground water, doesnt break down in a reasonable amount of time and is toxic I am all for a ban.  There are other chemistries that work that don't have the downsides.  

What WILL happen is more food will be imported from countries that DON'T ban the use of these chems.  Cost to the consumer won't go up, might even go down.  Cost to the stability of the country is what MAY happen.  Farmers who can't make a living will stop growing.  It is happening already.  If we ever get to a point where most of our food is not grown here then we will be in a very vulnerable position.  Food in this country is artificially cheap.  A lot of veggies are sold below the cost to produce them in this country.  Most of that is due to over-regulation (Worker pay, regulations, etc.).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)