AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Self evaluation on bull markets......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 10/27/2020 10:13 (#8569315)
Subject: Self evaluation on bull markets......

East Central South Dakota
1. I tend to get more bulled up on supply driven market rallies than demand driven rallies. Which translates that I hang on too long on short crops by looking out my window “thinking we are going to the moon on price”. It also translates that I sell to early when it looks like we will have and then harvest a nice or big crop. How can price be going up when I have this great of crop ? ?

2. We are producers of commodities —-it is just human nature that we relate or are influenced by supply more than demand. I have to understand that a big pile of grain that everybody in the world wants can shrink just as fast as a small pile of grain that nobody wants or needs.

3. As producers of the physical it is also the reason why we always have an urge to go long the paper instead of going short and actually selling what we are raising. Why would I want to sell, when I can buy and have “more” knowing “it has to go higher”. Just my personal thoughts on my own behavior, but I could be just an outlier farming thin dirt on the fringe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)