AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray Drone practicality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ajblair
Posted 10/27/2020 06:28 (#8568892)
Subject: Spray Drone practicality

Dayton, IA
Was looking at drones and just an example the DJI agrus t16 can carry 4-5 gallons and spray maybe 20 acres/hr. Have you used one and would it work on a farm scale? In the $15-20,000 range it seems pricey but I'm starting to think it has the ability to reduce hours on an expensive sprayer. We may go for a week or more at times where we can't spray due to wet ground. Often times the days after a rain and the front blows through are the calm wind days also. Getting maybe 3-500 acres sprayed timely before the self propelled can get back in the field could make a big difference.

Seems like everything I spray herbicide anymore is more than 10gpa - usually 12-20gal of water. What is the efficacy of aerial applied at low carrier rates?

$20,000 drone over 5 years is only $4000/yr so if it could start to take the place of or do some things that my sprayer now can it wouldn't be hard to justify and maybe in 3-4 years I just buy a couple more and be done with sitting in a sprayer seat? Technology in 4 years should be much better than anything on the market now and 4 $20,000 drones that sit on a shelf in the corner of the shed looks better than a self propelled twice or 3 times that cost.

A.J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)