AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What’s the implications if 90% of beans delivered to local coop were sold off the combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Rockman
Posted 10/27/2020 09:07 (#8569184 - in reply to #8569149)
Subject: RE: What’s the implications if 90% of beans delivered to local coop were sold off the combine?

+1000
Yep I totally agree...

McFarmer - 10/27/2020 08:50

featherfarmer - 10/27/2020 08:22

Why would anyone hold em, (except for maybe a tax reason) if you can sell them today and own em back on paper for little to no cost?

Individually you are correct, as group however I feel that works against us. They want them now, we sell and buy paper back. They have the physical locked up, now we have to buy the paper back at a later date. If you take that to the extreme and nothing changes, and granted that doesn’t happen, they have their needs filled, and we have to find a buyer for the paper. Paying storage costs, that’s another deal. No one best answer.

Two phrases used a lot on here I cringe at:

1) “ The market is rewarding you.” No it isn’t. The market tries to buy at the lowest price possible, sometimes it isn’t successful.

2) “Take some cookies.” No, If someone is passing out cookies the pie is still over on the counter. Sell if you want to minimize risk, fine. But they aren’t giving out cookies.

Don’t get me started on charts.

I realize the dynamics are much more complicated than this but boiled down it’s how I see it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)