AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are the grain markets going to stay up after 11 3..?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Douglas
Posted 10/27/2020 08:25 (#8569106 - in reply to #8569054)
Subject: RE: Are the grain markets going to stay up after 11 3..?

Central North Carolina

"..But I also think the white house could stimulate the prices which would not only be

favorable to the farmers but to all related businesses."

How? Gov subsidies tend to increase production, and lower prices. On here it is often referred to as the "cheap food" policy. And higher grain prices hurt livestock prices. For the life of me i can't figure out where you might be coming from on this. The virus relief could increase farmer income, but not grain prices.

Are you suggesting the Chinese are all of a sudden trying to help Trump or are working with him in some kind of conspiracy.

There are a lot of opinion on here about why prices move the way they do but usually the simplest answer is the right one. Demand rises or supply falls and the price adjusts accordingly. The Chinese have the capacity to store a lot of grain. You never know what they will buy until they actually buy, that is not how the rest of the world works. So their expected demand is a bit of a crap shoot. It seems to me the market is expected lower bean/corn production due to weather than before and more Chinese purchases for whatever reasons.   

If Trump could increase prices i am sure he would - but he can't, imo.  A lot of folk on here don't trust the USDA. I think the USDA could be wrong/off in their estimates from time to time, but I don't buy it a conspiracy one way or the other. 

Edited by Douglas 10/27/2020 08:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)