AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere electronic problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ArkyJim
Posted 10/22/2020 11:14 (#8559410)
Subject: John Deere electronic problems

WC Arkansas
I’m going to save a lot of people a lot of money with this info.

I had a problem on my 2010 premium 6430. It would run fine for a few minutes to a few days. But it would put itself into neutral and give some BS computer code. This code could be basically anything. JD Techs replaced shift buttons, reverser and clutch switch. $750 plus parts later and still same problem. My brother noticed that it only happened after voltage shown on display dropped below like 12.8 or so volts. (Digital display). So I had alternator checked. It was good. All voltages stayed constant and above 13 volts. I knew there was voltage dropping somewhere. My first thought was corrosion and high resistance connections. There is a large green fuse under the hood labeled ELX. This supplies the electronics. I removed and cleaned the connections. Didn’t help. Next I pulled the fuse cover from behind the seat. I noticed 3 relays. One was labeled ELX. I pulled it out and noticed it was very warm. Almost hot. I thought to myself. Could this be it. No way. I pulled the relay and pushed it back in a couple of times. Guess what. I haven’t had a problem since. I did order and replaced the relay a couple weeks later just because it was 10 years old.

Good luck and you’re welcome.
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)