AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InCommand not always recognizing SteerCommand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/20/2020 14:14 (#8555492 - in reply to #8555416)
Subject: RE: InCommand not always recognizing SteerCommand

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
delta1860 - 10/20/2020 13:18

couple of things to check

1) Do you run any ISO controllers on this tractor? With the steering system tied into the ISO of the tractor if we are missing or have a bad terminator somewhere on the ISO line that could be causing the intermitting communication problems.

2) I ran into this mainly when the R series first came out, sometimes the display will try to connect the JD Link and when that does this it pretty much knocks out the ISO communication. I don't remember if it was a certain time of day or after so many hours but the system would kick the AL off line (even in a middle of a job) to do its thing. One of Ag Leaders solutions that you could do is remove fuse #4, Deere MTG and that will stop the tractor from trying to connect.

Other than that I do not know what else you can check.

Also the first LED on the SteerCommand is the power light and should remain on with the display. The second LED is the communication with the screen, if the LED is blinking green then that means that the display and SteerCommand are talking to each other.

I am not running any ISO controllers on this tractor. However I am using an ISO Ag Leader down force module. I used what some call the HiJack cable. This allows the orginal Deere ISO connector to be used but it reroutes the connection to the InCommand rather than the tractor as was done originally. The connection problem happened before and after this change so I don't think it is involved.

JD Link may be involved. The other day I did receive a message on my phone while in a different tractor that someone had been slipping the clutch in the 8310R. A twist of fate as it squealed on my Big Brother to me (Little Brother). I'm not concerned about JD Link so I will look into removing fuse #4.

When I have the problem there are no blinking LEDs. When it is going to work there are several in somewhat of a random order for a while.

Concerning the display cable. The problem tractor is using a new display cable with built in ethernet. I am using an old Insight display cable with adapter in my combine so I am aware of them. The combine is fine since no steering is involved. GPS from one of the 6500s always connects and works as expected.

I was hoping to get to the bottom of this yet this Fall. We are done using that tractor now so I won't be using it until next Spring when I will need it to work reliably.

Edited by tedbear 10/20/2020 14:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)