AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

900MHz Base Station Covering Multiple Fields
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TCIowa
Posted 10/19/2020 22:28 (#8554594)
Subject: 900MHz Base Station Covering Multiple Fields

Central Iowa
I am looking to modify my current RTK base station setup so that I don’t have to move my base station as often.

Currently I am running an AgLeader (autofarm?) RTK mobile base station with 900MHz radio communication to my two Paradymes. I run Integra monitors, if that matters.

Almost all of my fields are within 4.5 mile radius of the home farm (pretty flat, few trees), but I have wooden posts installed in 6 locations where I mount my base station to cover a few fields at a time. This gets to be a problem when I want to strip till “here”, and plant “over there” at the same time.

I would also like to keep the base station easily accessible and mobile for when I do tiling, or move to a more distant field.

My idea is to buy a repeater to leave mounted on top of the silo at the home farm, and put the mobile station up on the post across the road (2000ft away). In my mind this would cover almost all of my acres from one base station location.

-Do you think this will work? Do you foresee any performance issues at these distances?
-What can you tell me about repeaters? (Where to buy, what to buy, etc… I’m clueless here)
-Is there an obvious better way that uses a minimal amount of new equipment? I could easily be overlooking something.

Thanks for your insight!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)