AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1680 Small Wire in Corn??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 10/18/2020 13:28 (#8551779 - in reply to #8551580)
Subject: RE: 1680 Small Wire in Corn??

just a tish NE of central ND
I would say you could pull any wires out that you want to or need to for corn.You have the welded up concaves already, Alter them to match your needs, what have you got to lose for trying it out? I don't think corn will destroy a single wire even in a skip pattern.
...The only reason I can think of for ANYONE welding the wires is that when you seperate the short concave extension from the large concave, there is from factory, NO retaining plate on wires and they(wires)can fall out while installing the large concaves when you don't remove the extension from the combine along with the large concave. I never change extensions when I change concaves. I separate the extensions from the concave right in the machine an re-use the same extensions...and the wires can fall free out of the extension holes and the concave holes making it a pain to bolt them back together.
There were retaining plates used on the first 14xx series of concaves and IH /Case/didnt use a concave extension until the newer series of combines came along, then they removed concave wire retaining plate that was bolted in place added the extensions butted up against the to lengthen the concaves and hold the wires in place. Teh 1480 and 1680 large concaves are exactly the same
except for the extensions bolted on for the on newer combines..
Its always the "craps" when cheech and chong mechanics have used a welder on something you bought used.There are some people shouldn't own a welder.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 10/18/2020 13:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)