AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cell phone salesmen are like used car salesmen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

PeteMN
Posted 10/18/2020 12:47 (#8551737 - in reply to #8551631)
Subject: RE: cell phone salesmen are like used car salesmen

E.Central MN
We went to a local Verizon store to talk about a new phone for my brother's wife. The sales person could not tell us what it would cost. Turns out the local store is just a franchise store, a lot of them are. By chance my brother talked to someone that had a relative who worked at a Verizon owned store in a town about 50 miles away. So my brother went there. It was night and day difference. The employees quickly showed them what the plans cost, what the phones cost and what the lowest cost ones would be for their use. About 6 months later my flip phone started acting up and we were near the factory store so we stopped there. In 10 minutes, an employee had looked at it, tried it, and ordered a new replacement one which was delivered to my house a couple days later. He uploaded my contact list to the cloud and told me how to download it, and actually did it for me when I had trouble figuring out why I couldn't get the phone to work (the Sim chip was on what looked like a credit card with the other paperwork and I didn't have it installed in the phone, the instruction sheet could have mentioned that). Not sure why Verizon allows the franchises to destroy their business by having such inept sales people. Earlier I went to the local franchise to get a new battery, nope, they didn't have one. When my phone originally acted up I stopped at the local franchise, they said I had to call the warranty #, so I called it and they said no, I had to talk to the store. WTH? The Verizon owned store just took care of it. Needless to say, the franchise store could fall off the face of the planet and it wouldn't bother me.

Edited by PeteMN 10/18/2020 12:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)