AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What laptop to purchase now days?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 10/19/2020 06:04 (#8552995 - in reply to #8551195)
Subject: RE: What laptop to purchase now days?

I have had laptops for the last 15 or so years for both work and home. My wife got a new job 30 or so years ago and they were going to buy her both a laptop and a desktop. She said no she just wanted a laptop. She took that desktop money and bought a larger harddrive and a color inkjet printer. This was when the 386 was supreme. She never looked back. My work laptop is a generation or 2 older. I think the internet makes everything slower because of the cloud, etc. My home laptop has more power than I need but will last me 10 or so years (2 years old now). I am still using the older laptop in the kitchen for recipes and Tablo.

Would I ever get a desktop, NO. If my boss wants me to have a desktop, there better be a better reason than the apps I use now. So no on that.

Remember that there are lot of different laptops out there now. Some are less powerful and some rival desktops.

I think there is one reason to buy a desktop. The desktop can be upgraded piece by piece. Some laptops can be upgraded with new memory, SSD, wifi, etc. Motherboard upgrade means a new computer.

This laptop is running 3-4K monitors, 1GB ssd, 16 GB memory, cpu is 1 generation out Intel, 15" screen, etc. etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)