AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some times I wonder if it's me?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 10/17/2020 06:07 (#8549771 - in reply to #8549725)
Subject: RE: Some times I wonder if it's me?

extreme sw ,Ontario
John , what are your building set back rules in your municipality ? I know 'here' for ag. its only 5' , pretty crazy as local abbattoir could not come to terms with greenhouse owner and the greenhouse built around him on 3 sides 5 ' from his home and lot line.....if its commercial he will have another set of rules...

Strange things happen , on a a farm we bought in '93 the owner had built a retirement home in the corner and he mentioned to me 'where the yard is and the field , it really isn't the lot lines'

Nver gave it much thought , Son also has home on that farm, all good guys , 30 yrs. later the Dad dies and widow sells, just before closing they get a survey and the last row of brick on there home is on our land......real estate agent goes kinda nuts , shoves paper at us saying we are going to give widow xx ' of land......buyer /bank cancels deal.....We just wanted to help widow, screw real estate guy so told Son whatever your Mom needs is fine, and it turns out we were farming 30' of there backyard.....so we just traded and did minor severance....

Sometimes a survey can be cheap
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)