AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A very depressing day-cover crop-I'm ashamed and upset
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 10/16/2020 21:24 (#8549474)
Subject: A very depressing day-cover crop-I'm ashamed and upset

western iowa,by Denison
Helped a friend bale cornstalks on Sunday because his landlord was complaining that they were not baled yet-37 acres or so-we got them baled Sunday afternoon and ended up around 170 bales or so-Told my friend I had some time -I could come back with the no till drill and winter rye for a cover crop since the ground was a little bare-so yesterday he had 3 trailers going and got them all moved so I could drill-ended up with 65# acre and everything looked great-seed hit moisture at 1-1/2 inchs -soil was just perfect for drilling.last nite his landlord complained it wasn't black enough and that it would never work-My friend disced it with a 496 case ih disc to satisfy the landlord-its now ruff and ugly and black.
Will the rye still come thru?
I could puke-it was in perfect shape-I didn't charge anything-not even for the seed because we work back and forth -should I say something to his landlord? My friend cash rents the ground from the landlord.
I'm ashamed that I offered the drilling and rye-and more upset because it was a excellent job and condition's were as good as it gets!
I'm sorry for this post-I really do not know how I should react-

On a positive note I did get 132 acres of rye drilled this week and Adam picked up 1400 bales with his bale mover and hauled home-we have 2 acres of corn left and most of the manure hauled.

Edited by garvo 10/16/2020 21:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)