Posted 10/16/2020 19:02 (#8549197) Subject: What Would You Guys Do Question?
I live in Northwest Oklahoma where our biggest crop is Hard Red Winter Wheat. Some of the wheat we have planted over the last few weeks has not come up. It has not rained here in over a month. It has been dry with highs in the 80s and aslo windy. The forecast does not look very good either and they are thinking we will have a warmer dryer winter. If these places don't come up by February I think we will have to have them released by our crop Insurance company. If this happens do you guys think it would be a good idea to plant Milo next spring? Do you guys think the Milo price will still be good? With Wheat and Milo prices going higher I would like to be able to take advantage of one of these crops instead of releasing the wheat and waiting another year before I would have something to harvest.