AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feedlot construction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 10/16/2020 20:00 (#8549285 - in reply to #8549022)
Subject: RE: Feedlot construction

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
Cant help because we are such an outlier but we are just wrapping up a two year project at our feed facility, I put the lineal foot hard cost of 2 7/8 drill stem ten foot on center with drill stem top rail and one guardrail with precast concrete bunks @ about $23 a foot, when we divide pens we go two rows of guardrail and drill stem posts and top rail and we figure around $6 ----- now the caveat---- it required close to ten thousand tons of rock that we screened hauled and placed ourselves-- cant wrap my head around the cost if it was purchased !!!! we are blessed to have three major rock resources on the ranch, a gravel pit for everything up to 4 " minus, a pea gravel pit, a sand pit. This new construction featured a lifetime all weather road, rock feed bunk apron for cattle at the bunks, a new lift of rock in our feed yard and a 70,000 sq foot silage pad 9" thick. Someday I hope to go concrete as I bought a 10 yard Kenworth mixer truck last year but have not built my farmer style batch plant yet so it has not turned a wheel. No labor cost in these numbers and we had all equipment including a screening plant, we did however rent a frigging sexy brand new half million dollar JD dozer with gps ---- OMGosh that thing was fun !!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)